An International School for a Global World
Kindergarten through 8th Grade
Now, more than ever, education must prepare students to succeed in a globally connected and interdependent world. At the Country Day School, we provide students with the necessary tools, knowledge, skills and perspective they’ll need to learn, grow and thrive.
The International School at Country Day offers
- Strong curriculum – Our students study a vigorous curriculum: math, science, social studies, global and language arts. Our graduates find their subject matter expertise allows them to transition successfully to other schools in the US and internationally.
- Small classes – Students receive the attention they deserve. Students benefit from their teacher’s ability to work one-on-one with them.
- International and Diverse Student Body – The cultures of our international faculty and student body offer the opportunity for our students to experience different cultures – All thriving and working together. Our students learn to appreciate and communicate with people from all over the world.
- Our school community is diverse in every dimension. Families and staff of all races, religions, persuasions and circumstances feel at home at The International School at Country Day.
- International library, Art, Music, Mandarin Chinese, Spanish and Fitness- Enrichment programs are critical parts of our broader program and technology is incorporated into all areas.
Our philosophy is to be carried out by emphasizing the child’s abilities, competences, and natural aptitude, developing and fostering the child in ways that encourage the development of new and inherent talents. These qualities will in turn allow the child to embark on and prosper in life with confidence and skill, especially in his or her future educational endeavors. In addition, learning will take place through positive relationships and caring adults.
We believe that all children have a right to high quality education. At the core of this concept is the child’s natural curiosity of their world coupled with a respect for the countless qualities and values that we believe each child is born with. Along with the support of parents, teachers, and the community, children will build their learning and development with determination and enthusiasm while learning how to discover knowledge and improve their communication skills as they plan and make decisions in small groups. They will become prepared to successfully excel in their lives as well as in their elementary, middle, high school, and university education, on which their future success will so greatly depend.